Thursday, September 3, 2020

What Went Right

Sometimes when I sit down to write, all the negativity of the day floods my mind and I can't think of anything other than a rant. But while that kind of writing may be therapeutic in its own way, sometimes I prefer to spare my readers that dose of negativity.

Today was tough in more than a few ways, but here's the Pollyanna edit.

My coffee was perfect this morning.
Using chart paper to decorate my car for the Welcome Back to School parade was an awesome hack: it stayed on, and it peeled right off.
It was great to see my colleagues in person before driving through our school's boundaries and waving to kids and families waiting for us.
The grocery store wasn't bust at all when I went this afternoon.
The pool was especially refreshing, and I got 45 minutes of exercise.
Although it was thundering when we walked over to pick up Lucy, it didn't rain. 
Thanks to my friend, Joanne, I listened to the song of the summer insects in between the rolls of the thunder until the storm finally came. 
I'm feeling a little more prepared for school, and happy I have four more days to really nail that first day down.

I guess it was a pretty good day after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment