Monday, September 21, 2020

The Price Was Right

We were browsing the dollar bin for fun at Target when a young woman in a lab coat approached us. "Excuse me ladies," she said, "would you be interested in a free flu shot? We're offering five dollar coupons to anyone who gats the vaccine."

Full disclosure? I don't usually get a flu shot. After 27 years and counting in a middle school classroom, I like to think my immunity is robust, and since I haven't ever gotten the flu, it seems like a waste of a sore arm to get the injection. Plus, like almost everybody else, I hate shots. But, in light of the COVID-19 crisis and medical recommendations that a flu shot may protect me and those around me as we battle the pandemic, I had planned on getting the vaccine year.

Even so! Just as Heidi was politely explaining that she gets her annual shot from her doctor, I was waving my hand. "I'm interested! I'll do it!" I told the pharmacist.

Because, 

five dollars!


No comments:

Post a Comment