Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Flipping Fantastic

Without exaggeration, I would have to say that one of the best things, if not THE best thing, to happen to me in 2020 is the pass that the teachers at our school got from participating live in a virtual Back-to-School Night. A quick review of my blog posts from the last 12 Septembers will reveal my fraught relationship with this mandatory evening that neither teachers nor parents seem to enjoy. What can you say about an event that no one likes it, but everyone feels compelled to attend?

At any rate, our school's leadership team, recognizing the additional challenges of organizing an effective remote event, decided to flip the script and provide all of the information from teachers up front while planning a town hall format with a limited presentation and plenty of time for Q&A with a panel, rather than the entire staff.

Basically? We had to create informational videos, but after that, they gave us the night off! 

Yay! I love it!

Even so, you know what I'm doing right now, don't you? 

Right! I am watching the town hall.

Because I haven't missed a BSN since 1993, and I guess I'm not ready to start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment