Monday, June 17, 2019

I Got That

I like to consider my classroom very well provisioned.

Over the last 25 years I've accumulated almost anything anyone could possibly need for any lesson (or its aftermath). When I find I don't have this tool or that school supply, or the lotion, hand-sanitizer, tissue, band-aid, ointment, hot sauce, silverware, napkin, or potting soil someone needs, then I go shopping or order it, pronto.

Today a colleague put my inventory to the test: "If you have this," she said breathlessly, "then you really do have everything!"

"That's a lot of pressure!" I answered. "What do you need?"

"Goo-be-gone?" she replied.

"I... actually..." I paused dramatically, "have that!" And I went to my marvelous cabinet and pulled a little bottle out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment