Monday, June 3, 2019

That Old Familiar Sushi

I was on the sidewalk of nearby shopping center when a woman coming toward me stopped. "Well, hi!" she waved. She was white, about my age, with a thick country accent.

Not recognizing her, I looked back over my shoulder and spotted the person she was talking to, an older woman using her cane to ease her way out of an older sedan.

"Hello!" she called back in an even thicker drawl. "What are y'all doing here?"

"We're going for some tacos!" the first lady told her, gesturing to the fast-casual restaurant to her left. "How 'bout you?"

"We're going for the sushi," said her friend, pointing at the place next door.

"Would you like to join us?" asked the woman on the sidewalk.

"Oh no," the older lady waved her hand dismissively. "We don't really like to try anything new."

No comments:

Post a Comment