Saturday, June 22, 2019

Nothing *TOO* Spooky

I got an email the other day from Netflix asking if I would be willing to take a survey. In exchange, they would extend my account by one month for free. I decided there would be no harm in checking it out, and before too long, I was rather engaged. One of the earliest questions asked me to rank 10 factors for choosing a movie show in order of importance. I do not remember all of them, but I'm pretty sure "humor" was the third from the bottom, just above horror and something else.

Even so, it wasn't until I was midway through the survey that I realized they were showing me all trailers of comedy shows. What's even more curious, is that I was laughing out loud at every trailer and excerpt, and blithely clicking "Probably would watch" for all 6 of the options.

Recalling the survey today to Heidi, my brother and sister-in-law, and my nephew, I giggled just summarizing what I had seen. Obviously? Netflix (and their algorithm) knows me better than I know myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment