Friday, September 15, 2023

Working Harder, Not Smarter

After a shake-up in our central office department, we are teaching grammar and vocabulary in a new way this year. Adding new content to a curriculum requires a lot of work; whether or not you are provided with materials and resources, no one ever hands you anything that's ready to go. 

Earlier this week I was struggling to adapt slide decks, anchor charts, and practice exercises to my students and their academic needs, and coming up with an engaging and collaborative way to present the lesson and assignments was especially challenging. Perhaps I needn't have worried quite so much, because when I presented the three pages to them, several kids actually cheered, "Yay! A worksheet!"

I did not see that coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment