Friday, September 8, 2023

Still the One

Heidi and I are invited to the wedding of a close friend and neighbor at the end of October. We're not really at an age where we are invited to many weddings, and it's an evening event, so wardrobe has been a bit of a consideration. We ordered some dresses from Nordstrom to try, and although I liked mine, Heidi didn't like hers or mine, so I returned hers and kept mine for now. 

It seemed the more she looked, the more frustrated she became. "Get ready," she told me, "if I don't find something soon, I'm going to fly to Buffalo and go shopping with my mother."

I did not consider that a threat. "Maybe you should," I shrugged. "But what are you looking for?" We started talking about dresses from the past to try to figure out the answer to the question, and reliving some fun events as we did. When we got home, Heidi slid open the far side of the closet, pulled out a navy blue dress, and put it on. It was perfect! It fit well and looked great. Problem solved.

And most remarkable of all? It was 30 years old. She had bought it, with her mom, to wear to, what else? A wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment