Saturday, September 2, 2023

Spinning My Wheels

The weather is predicted to take a drastic turn tomorrow into a late-summer heatwave with temps in the upper 90s, lasting for at least a week. With that knowledge, I put off the pool and walked down to the nearest bike share station this afternoon, eager to enjoy the last of the perfect, blue sky and low-80s weather we have been enjoying the last two days.

There was one of the newest pedal-assist models available, and I grabbed that one, curious to see how it rode. It was heavy but still a pleasure to ride: I moved along the trail at a breezy clip making my way along Four Mile Run to the airport and then south past the Washington Marina to Old Town, around the Masonic temple, back through Delrey and Arlandria, up the hill in Park Fairfax, across Quaker Lane to Fairlington, and on over to the bike station across from Fort Reynolds Park, all in a little under an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment