Tuesday, September 19, 2023

RGF

"You know what's tremendous about you?" a student asked me today. He was referring to the daily question which, this morning, related to my greeting "Let's make it a tremendous Tuesday, Writers!" The students were directed to find the definition of 'tremendous' in the *gasp* physical dictionaries on their tables, and then share something they found tremendous about themselves.

"What?" I asked in return.

"You have relaxed grumpy face,"  he informed me. 

I examined his face, appraising his intention and considering how close his description was to the sexist and ageist term "resting bitch face". 

"What does that mean?" I prompted.

His eyes shifted, and I suspected he did not mean to compliment me. "You know," he backpedaled, "you're so relaxed and calm all the time."

"How does the grumpy fit in?" I inquired.

"Uhhh," he stammered, "it doesn't?"

If he only knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment