Saturday, February 18, 2023

Gotcha

After nearly three years of avoiding the virus, Heidi tested positive for COVID this afternoon. She was feeling a little poorly with a headache that wouldn't quit, and so, out of caution, she pulled out one of the home tests and swabbed her nose. It was honestly a bit surreal to see the two pink lines on that square white lollipop, a sight I had only seen once before, when my nephew tested positive at Christmas in 2021. 

Heidi is sure she caught the 'rona at the Seinfeld show last Saturday. The venue seemed airy and well-ventilated, but the seats were very, very close together. No matter the where and the when, though, here we are: Heidi with mild systems, in a mask, spending her time upstairs, making sub plans for at least 2 days, and I with no symptoms and a negative test, so far, canceling a planned visit to my 86-year-old aunt, and mulling what those sixth graders might do, should I have to miss nearly a week. 

Because, really? What are the chances I'm going to get out of this COVID-free?

No comments:

Post a Comment