Friday, February 3, 2023

If It Ain't Broke

"So I was thinking about this question in the shower," I said to my first class of the day today as they posted their answers to What is your favorite cereal?

"Wait! What?" they exclaimed. 

"Are you surprised about the shower or the thinking?" I laughed. 

But what I told them was that I realized that when their A Day peers had answered the question the day before, almost every cereal they mentioned was one that had been around when I was a kid, fifty years ago or more. And the same held true today: Lucky Charms, Rice Krispies, Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, and Coco Puffs were among their favorites. A few cereals that were new when I was a teen, like Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Reeses were also mentioned, but almost everything else was on the shelf when my brother and sister and I used to go shopping with my dad on Saturday afternoons. I really have to wonder how the breakfast cereal industry has been spending its time.

There was one product mentioned that I had never heard of before, though. A couple of kids named Krave as their favorite, and one was even enthusiastic enough to post a picture. It seems that Krave is a Cap'n Crunch type shell filled with chocolate cream. 

Friends, it's been a long time since I've been down the cereal aisle (I'm more of a yogurt or oatmeal or avocado toast type of a gal these days), but Krave? I might just have to try it. 

After sugar-free February, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment