Saturday, February 11, 2023

Sold!

There was crow poop all over the car yesterday morning when we left for work. On winter evenings, large murders of crows gather at dusk in the trees above our parking lot before flying off en masse to roost. It's cool, but it can get messy. Yesterday's mess was a little grosser than usual with chunky splatters on the windshield and by the door handles, but like many things, I forget about it until it's right in front of me again. 

So this afternoon, when I went out to run a couple of errands, I made a stop at the carwash down the street first. The establishment had recently changed hands and had gone from a wait inside to a ride-through car wash. Even so, an employee greeted me at the pay gate. There he explained a grand-opening promotion they were running where I could get 2 months of unlimited daily car washes for 29.99. "That would only be 50 cents a day," he said. 

"I might need it!" I laughed, gesturing to the crow droppings. 

He nodded sympathetically. "If it doesn't come off today," he told me, "I'll let you go through again."

No comments:

Post a Comment