Monday, February 13, 2023

Tech Lag

"Can we put aliens in our commercial?" a couple of kids asked me today.

"You mean extra-terrestrials?" I clarified. "Sure."

Then they launched into this convoluted concept for some kind of device that the aliens would want, but was actually a funnel worn on someone's head.

"Why do they aliens want it?" I asked. 

They conferred. "I think it will allow them to understand humans," suggested one.

"That's cool," I agreed, "but maybe you can expand it so that people use it, too, to translate automatically from one language to another.

"Isn't that Alexa?" another student remarked, and the 'duh' was strongly implied.

Turns out? She was right. How did I miss that? And how long will it be before we all just wear those devices?

No comments:

Post a Comment