Thursday, September 29, 2022

Practicing Practice

"These kids!" my friend Mary announced with exasperation this morning before the bell rang. "These kids are going to drive me to retire! I'm not sure what I'm missing, but they're not getting it!"

"I know how you feel," I answered, "I'm feeling it, too. There's just no flow, yet."

Another colleague popped her head in the door. "I'm glad someone else is feeling it, too!" she said. "Everything seems like such a slog, so far."

But notice, dear reader, all the words in red. That is classic growth mindset language. So even in our moments of frustration and impatience, deep in our teacher's hearts, we express confidence that we and the kids, with the right kind of effort and practice, will improve our current situation.

What more can we hope for?

No comments:

Post a Comment