Friday, September 9, 2022

No Need to Go into Details

One of the new sixth graders was acting up a bit, so I invited him to my desk for a private conversation. His behavior was so ridiculous that I thought it best to invoke his former schooling to begin. "What elementary school did you go to?" I started.

"Who was your teacher?" I asked when named a school down the road, one where one of my neighbors happens to teach.

Sure enough, my neighbor was indeed his fifth grade teacher.

"Well," I shook my head, "I actually know her. She lives right down the street from me."

His eyes widened a bit and I continued. "What should I say when I see her and tell her that you are in my class now? Can I tell her you are following all the rules and doing what you should?"

He looked down at his feet. "Or should I tell her about how you are behaving today?" I regarded him seriously. 

He lifted his head and shrugged. "Just tell her I said, hi," he answered with a cheeky grin.

I do admit, I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment