Friday, June 17, 2022

With a Bang and a Snooze

This year I didn't even start packing my room until after the kids left for good yesterday at noon. Then Heidi and I stayed until almost 5, but there was very little left to do today. Even so, we rose at the usual time and carried out our morning routine one last day, arriving at school around 7:20. By 9 a.m. everything was stowed away and my bookshelves were neatly wrapped. 

After getting all my check-out signatures and dropping off some dead markers in the art room for recycling, I spent some time chatting with my colleagues about summer plans, filled out the final paper work for writing prize reimbursements, and we headed home. A little while later we walked down to Shirlington to meet our friend Mary for the traditional end-of-school lobster roll lunch celebration, and tonight we are headed downtown for a baseball game. 

But not before an indispensable power nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment