Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Special Effects

We had summer break plans to go with our friend Mary to see the new Top Gun movie, so I texted her some showtimes this morning. "That works," she replied. "Do you want to get the tickets and I'll give you $$?"

Mary is a month older than I am. "Yes," I replied. "I'll make sure to get you the senior discount."

After saving a buck on the ticket, we bought popcorn and settled into our seats to enjoy the previews. "Just think, in a little over a week, you can have the senior discount, too!" Mary said as the lights went down.

The last clip before the show was Tom Cruise himself, thanking us for coming to the theater to see his movie on the big screen. He didn't look quite as buff and dyed as he did for Top Gun and the Mission Impossible trailer we had seen earlier: his wrinkles were visible, and there was gray in his shaggy hair. 

"That guy can get a senior discount, soon, too!" I laughed, because for once? He looked like he actually might be turning 60 a few days after I do.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Yes, he will be in the club, too! (Joanne)

    ReplyDelete