Thursday, June 30, 2022

Mixty No More

For months I had a daily reminder on all my devices to Plan the big 6-0. I set it back when I was trying to find a rental place up here in Maine big enough to accommodate our group, and then I left it, because the agency I ended up doing business with had several deadlines and lots of paperwork to keep track of, and I wanted to make sure they were all on my daily screen. 

Oh, I canceled the reminder once everything was all set, but it's a little hard to believe that the day is actually here. This morning we tried to find a phrase to capture the birthday, something along the lines of fifty is nifty, but not much rhymes with sixty. Victor proposed "betwixty" and I'm still thinking about that one, and what I might be betwixt. Privately, I considered "My feelings are mixty about turning sixty," but it seemed a little too true.

And I needn't have worried about planning; the day was perfect: blueberry pancakes with peaches for breakfast, yoga and meditation with Courtney, Emily, and Josh, a hike up Gorham Mountain with 10 of our 11, picking blueberries along the granite ledges on the way up, and lunch at the summit overlooking the ocean on one side and over to Cadillac Mountain on the other, a brief stop at home, and then a mini-golf 5 on 5 team challenge complete with a school yard pick. 

Even though my team lost by just a little over 1 stroke each, we had a great time, and I danced to One Step Forward all through the 17th and 18th holes, never mind that group of dudes breathing down our necks in the back nine. And now? I get to relax and wait for my lobster and steak and lemon-glazed birthday cake.

Now that's what I call a plan!



1 comment:

  1. What a perfect day! Happy birthday! 🎉🎂🌸 (J)

    ReplyDelete