Sunday, March 31, 2019

March Marches On

Another year. another writing challenge in the books.

My students were greeted with congratulatory fireworks and the charge to reflect on their writing over the last month when they logged onto the challenge today. As always, I was pleased and moved by how positive they were about participating.

Many of my fellow slicers are also wrapping up their month of writing by reflecting on the experience. Day 31-- it was fun! seems to be the general consensus. They took a risk, they shared their thoughts, they surprised themselves. How cool!

As for me? I'll miss the community and the connection that each daily post provides, especially with the writers I know personally. I love the writing and also the glimpse into someone else's day. For that, I am already looking forward to next year, but in the meantime you can always find me...

Walking the Dog.

4 comments:

  1. Hope to see you next year! Congratulations on another year completing the challenge. It is a little bittersweet on this last day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too will miss the connection - I love the way each person's writing reflects their lived experience - guess this is why we do it. I always love your pieces - Thank you for being such a leader for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a champion of slicers, and we are so lucky to know you can be found...walking the dog. Thank you for boundless dedication and inspiring, encouraging leadership.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you have your students slice (in March vs. April?) and your tagline... walking the dog!

    ReplyDelete