Sunday, March 17, 2019

All Done

At the end of the weekend it's sometimes easy to feel disappointed about all the things I didn't cross off my ambitious to-do list. A stack of folders and my laptop are still in the pocket of my pack where I optimistically shoved them as I left my classroom on Friday afternoon. The new toilet paper holder is still in its box in the powder room (but the drill is in there, too, now!) The deck is unorganized, the garden uninspected, the refrigerator still cluttered with the last few bites of meals we ate too long ago to save.

But then, I consider the things we did that weren't even on the list. We walked with the dog in beautiful places both Saturday and Sunday. I dug out my camera and took a few photos I like. I discovered a new podcast, made a big breakfast this morning, and slept later than usual both days. I tried to find the exact words to describe the way the light sparkled on the water, talked to my mom on facetime, did a neighbor a favor, and sat quietly on a railway-tie wall as the sun warmed my face.

Oh, there's a busy week ahead, for sure, but I think I'm ready.

4 comments:

  1. I am trying to get better at not having lists of things to do during the weekend. It sounds like you had a great time doing all the things that weren't on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me feel a lot better about the laundry that didn't get done today and the kitchen floor that should have been washed. Going into a new week in a great headspace is way better than going into it with a clean fridge (in my opinion).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list of things you did - especially this one, "...sat quietly on a railway-tie wall as the sun warmed my face."
    This is called a Ta Dah list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're all settled up! No worries about that other stuff--you'll get to it when you get to it.

    ReplyDelete