Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Commuter Incentive

"So are you and Heidi driving together now?" a friend and former colleague I hadn't seen in a while asked me yesterday.

Even though we have lived and worked in the same place for over 20 years, until last year when they closed our school parking lot to build a whole elementary school in it, Heidi and I always drove separately.

"Yeah," I shrugged. "It's easier with the construction and parking situation. Plus we get a carpool stipend of 30 bucks each a month!"

She nodded. "How's it working out though? I know you don't like to be late."

"It hasn't been too much of a problem," I told her. "Heidi has been pretty good about getting ready on time, and for a dollar-fifty a day?" I winked. "I can be patient!"

5 comments:

  1. $60 a month? Imagine all the collars Lucy can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is all very interesting. I do love the wink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perks of marrying your co-workers 101.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts sometimes remind me of comic strips in the newspaper in the best way- a little story with a twist of wit right at the end.

    ReplyDelete