Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Annual Rant Against DST

This year I've outsourced my complaint to a kindred spirit. One of my students feels just as I do about Daylight Savings Time:

Daylight Savings
By Jay

Tomorrow is Daylight Savings, so we lose an hour! This is terrible because if it was a Monday and there was school, TA would start at 6:40. I know if TA started at 6:40 on Monday I would be late for school! Why do we have to have Daylight Savings. I am perfectly fine with just living my life without Daylight Savings. Can I please sleep in one day out of the week! This weekend I have a soccer tournament game at 8:00am on Sunday, at a time in which I would usually be getting my delightful sleep. ; )


(Click here for today's sample of my 6th grade students' response to the 2011 SOLSC challenge.)

4 comments:

  1. I hear you on this one.
    I even wrote to my (incredibly lame) Congressman on the last go round of this in Congress, but he never listens. And that time, they added weeks on the front end and weeks on the back! It was like Take That! you sniveling little citizen. I think the golf lobby got the better of all of us that time.

    I hate Daylight Savings Time. I wish I lived in Arizona where they don't switch. I hear Indiana doesn't either. And don't you also think the students in class take a couple of weeks to adjust? They're just dragging until they do.

    Elizabeth E.
    http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so with all of you! This is my least favorite thing in the world. Just when you get used to a regular sleep schedule, they make you lose an hour?? Maybe all the DS haters should start a Facebook campaign! haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hear hear! Why do we torture ourselves like this twice a year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And by the way, DST + baby = ouch. He didn't get the memo.

    ReplyDelete