Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cold Snap

Around here, they are predicting temperatures 10-15 degrees lower than the average for the next week, but I really don't mind. As lovely as spring is in this part of the world, I'm not quite ready to pack away my turtlenecks and fleece. There's a practical element to my appreciation of the unseasonable coolness, too. Today I picked up my CSA veggie share and came home with a shopping bag full of greens. I truly love greens (ask me about Colcannon some time!), but they take a lot of room in the fridge before they're cooked, and I still have some from last week that I haven't gotten around to eating, or at least blanching, chopping, and freezing. Thursday night of a busy week is not my first choice for dispatching ten pounds of assorted leafy vegetables, so fortunately I was able to toss the bag onto the porch where they will be fine until Saturday.

(Click here for today's sample of my 6th grade students' response to the SOLSC challenge.)

2 comments:

  1. I am feeling (as you'll find out when you read mine...) very much the same way about an upcoming cold snap. Enjoy those leafy greens and possibly the last turtlenecks of the season.

    ReplyDelete