Monday, March 28, 2011

New Toy

I'm composing this on my brand new iPad. The other day I mentioned to my students that I had this gadget on order, and I was surprised by their enthusiasm. "Will you bring it to school?" somebody wondered.

"Can I touch it?" another girl asked.

My answers were yes and yes. The oldest of three, I'm a really good sharer; plus, what fun is a new toy if you keep it all to yourself? The students seemed beside themselves in delight, and one even posted about our conversation on her slice that evening--

Just in case we really needed reminding that technology is supremely engaging to kids.

(Click here for today's sample of my 6th grade students' response to the SOLSC challenge.) 

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new toy. I've had mine for months and don't know what I'd do without it. My boys have their games and I have my reading, blogging, games, and journaling all in one spot. I love technology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! My husband loves his and we all use it some. He got me a Mac Air recently and I'm in love with it. My kids think I'm terribly cool now. :)

    ReplyDelete