Thursday, March 31, 2011

Borrowed Words

As the 2011 SOLSC draws to an end, I'm going to share what one of my students wrote today:

Well it's March 31 which means this is the last Slice of Life Post. This was a really fun thing to do. I wish we could do this again. I really enjoyed it and I am going to miss it because now I won't know how [much] fun everybody had during their day. I always loved coming on here and telling everyone about my day, it can get all the problems I am having now and make them go away. This was the only place where I could let all my problems GO! I hope everyone also liked this activity. This is one thing I will never forget about my 6th grade year. 

Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for sponsoring such an inspiring activity.

4 comments:

  1. You--or should I say, your student--nailed it. But now on my Google reader, your writing will pop up and I can still find you and read you. You are the most dedicated slicer I know. Amazingly dedicated writer.

    I'll go back to my other blog, and write when I'm inspired, but you do set a good example for me. Thanks, Tracey!

    Elizabeth E.
    http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post is awesome. The realization that writing can be so powerful...what a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so touched that the student got it...the power of sharing emotions through writing. Will some of the kids keep it up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like slicing was as powerful for your student as it was for the rest of the slicers. I hope you both keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete