Saturday, March 23, 2024

When Life Gives You Raindrops

Our two cats enjoy going out on our little deck, especially since I grow wheat grass for them to nibble on when the season allows it. I sowed the latest crop during the warm spell a couple of weeks ago, and they know it's out there-- first thing in the morning they tear over to the sliding glass door and meow to be allowed out to chew on the tender blades of spring green. 

Despite the cold, drenching rain, they dashed over this morning, as usual. Ignoring my warnings, they insisted on seeing for themselves, so I let them out. Both were splatted with enormous raindrops before they could even get one bite, and they returned to the house just as quickly as they had exited. I laughed, but feeling bad for their disappointment, I built a fire where they could warm up and dry off. 

I think we all agree that it turned out to be a pleasant morning after all.

1 comment:

  1. Callie wasn’t thrilled about the rain either! Glad you and the kitties were able to make the best of it.

    ReplyDelete