Saturday, March 16, 2024

Let It Be

On this beautiful Saturday afternoon, we took a long walk with the dog and our route took us through a schoolyard playground. There, we saw a group of five elementary-aged school children in deep conversation. Two girls sat on a tree stump while three boys jostled and bickered around them. 

At last, the biggest boy made a proclamation. "There's only one solution," he told the group solemnly. "James-- give me a wedgie!"

My eyes widened and the teacher in me was reflexively ready to intervene. I could tell that Heidi felt the same way, but she shook her head. "There's only one solution," she said. "Keep walking!"

6 comments:

  1. Two teachers not intervening? That must have been a tough one to walk by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great restraint you had! I often find myself having to reign in those teacher reactions when not in teacher mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Love this. The wedgie must have been for a good reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HaHa! I'm slipping this solution into my back pocket for future problem solving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA! This is a gem. You made a good choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Kids are so fun to listen to! The timing of your piece was perfect. Thanks for a wonderful laugh!

    ReplyDelete