Monday, October 31, 2022

So There

Perhaps I was too hasty with my garden post the other day, for when I checked my email for the last time before I went to bed, I read a nasty-gram about rats in the garden and the proposal to ban all composters. Our plot is one of the seven with open-bin composting, but never do we put kitchen scraps or anything other than garden trimmings in the bin. Nor do we have any sign of rats in our plot. It seems unnecessarily draconian to ban all composting without trying incremental measures first.

Oh, we'll discuss it at the annual meeting, but because I'll be out of town, I'll have to send my input in writing, and I have little hope that the community in this community garden will suffer any compromise, so self-righteous is the spirit of the leadership. 

Ooh! It makes me mad enough to quit! And if it weren't for those shallots and garlic and cover crop I just planted on Saturday, I think I might.

No comments:

Post a Comment