Saturday, August 8, 2020

Something to Look Forward To

Since my vacation was canceled (Yes! I'm still bitter!) I was poking around looking at other rental options for the near and distant future this morning. One place I found was on a farm just outside Gettysburg, PA. The chickens and horses were part of the experience, which also included six bedrooms, a game room, hot tub, and, wait for it... an indoor heated pool!

This is the perfect location for Oscar weekend! I thought. But wait! When are the Oscars next year?

I can be forgiven for not knowing-- they have been messing around with the date for the last few years. In 2018 they were in early March to make way for the Winter Olympics, in 2019 they were the last weekend in February, as they have been for a while, but this year they were moved all the way up to February 9, so early that we were caught unprepared; we barely saw any of the movies, and our annual holiday was canceled. (Yes! I'm still bitter!)

And it turned out to be wise that I checked the date, because next year the ceremony is scheduled to be held on April 25! It's COVID, of course, and, wouldn't you know it, the perfect house is already booked for that weekend. "But we can plan on it for 2022!" I told my sister on the phone this morning.

Put it on the calendar, gang: February 27, 2022, Oscar Weekend in Gettysburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment