Tuesday, August 25, 2020

How's the Water?

"Oh, hey!" a neighbor greeted us as we signed in the pool this afternoon. "Done with your training already?"

I didn't have to look at my watch to answer. "It's 5 o"clock!" I laughed. "Yes!"

She turned to the other woman she had been chatting with while their children played together. "They're both teachers," she informed her, and suddenly it felt like all eyes were on us.

"How has it been going?" she asked.

I scanned the pool, reading the room, so to speak. "Great!" I answered with a little fist pump.

She raised her eyebrows skeptically. "Really?"

"Yep," I said. "We have a lot of great resources and the time to plan and figure things out. We are going to be ready to go when school starts."

She looked doubtful.

I looked at the sparkling pool water.

Then I waved, ready to set my stuff down and dive in.

No comments:

Post a Comment