Friday, August 28, 2020

Stress Management

I was optimistic that I would be able to maintain an active routine, even as school started up again. I hoped that working from home would give me the time I needed to fit in plenty of daily exercise; so much so, that I actually increased the activity goal on my smart watch on Monday. And I was crushing it on Wednesday when I set a new personal record of 23 days in a row of closing my activity ring.

But tonight, when late thunderstorms put the kibosh on our plans to go to the pool at six, a quick glance at my watch confirmed what I already feared-- I wasn't going to make my goal today.

The last week has been stressful, filled with meetings and time to plan some very unfamiliar familiar tasks. "This is the first time in a long time when I haven't known what to expect from the first day of school," I confided to a colleague in an afternoon call.

I'm torn between cutting myself some slack and kicking my butt to make sure I get out there and get some exercise.

We'll see how it goes after tonight, but I have a hunch about what it's going to be. I don't know what's coming, but I just feel like I need to be ready for the fight, and that's going to take some working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment