Monday, August 10, 2020

Day Shift

I spent the day somewhere between Monday and Tuesday. Summer vacation can do that, especially one with so few breaks in the break. Every day blends thoughtlessly into the next.

Now that I'm pushing sixty, I have a couple of those 7 compartment pill and vitamin organizers, and they ground me in the calendar at least once a day. Oh, it's Monday again, I told myself as I chewed my gummy multivite. But then I forgot.

Floating in the pool later I mentally checked my fluid agenda. Soooo... Teachers "report" 2 weeks from today? Or was it yesterday? And students start 4 weeks from... today? Tomorrow?

In the end I was certain we have roughly 2 weeks to get ready to spend, more or less, 2 weeks getting ready for whatever is going to happen in around 4 weeks.

I'm on it!

Never mind the obvious follow up question: how long will we have to get ready for the next thing?

1 comment:

  1. So true! It's a series of getting ready to get ready to...what, exactly?

    ReplyDelete