Tuesday, August 18, 2020

So That's How It's Going to Be?

I woke up at 7:30 for a virtual meeting at 9, ran downstairs, made coffee, jumped in the shower, dressed a little less casually than I have all summer, set up my extended screen monitor, and popped my airpods in, all in plenty of time to join and complete the ice breaker. (Yes, the icebreaker!) I listened, took notes, sent informational emails and texts to colleagues who were not "there", answered questions, read and commented on documents, and otherwise participated fully until almost noon, when the meeting ended, about 30 minutes late.

I sat back, away from the screens, and tried to relax for a few minutes before my next meeting at 1. Rubbing my eyes and ears, I felt a rumbling in my stomach.

It was only then that I realized I had forgotten to eat breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment