Monday, August 31, 2020

Practice, Patience, and Grace

To some it may have seemed a little silly to schedule a dry run of online classes, taking a whole day away from the precious time we have to plan delivering our curriculum in a radically new way, but once I heard that I would be able to do a lesson in the conference app our district has chosen, and that my "students" would be my colleagues on the interdisciplinary team I have worked on for my whole career, the idea was a lot more appealing.

And as it turned out, it was really useful. From 8:30 to 2 we took turns presenting, introducing new apps and new ways to use tried and true tools. We asked questions, trouble shot, and made suggestions in a group that was very, very safe. I learned a lot, and despite all the technical difficulties (that were either resolved or referred to our tech department) I feel much more confident about what's coming.

1 comment:

  1. It was so helpful. I will now avoid several pitfalls that would have been lying in wait for me. Ha, ha! You have been foiled, evil techy antagonists!

    ReplyDelete