Wednesday, May 30, 2018

2 is for 2 More

It's always a bit of a stunner when the end of the year picks up speed and soon hurtles uncontrollably to its finale. Today as I gave the students an overview of their end-of-the-year activity choices I realized that there are only 2 Wednesdays left, and after tomorrow the same will be so for Thursday, and so on.

And oh! Those days are filled: final this and make-up that, field trips and International Film Fest and field day and more. It's a blessing that the sixth graders haven't realized just how close we are.

Even so, they are definitely not thinking straight. As I went over the features of our "camp" activity choice, (all the fun of summer camp without ever leaving school!) I saw many heads nodding in approval. "You'll play capture the flag, do arts and crafts, make s'mores, watch a movie, and more!" I told them.

One student raised his hand in alarm. "But do we actually have to spend the night??!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment