Friday, May 4, 2018

*That* Kind of a Day

A colleague stepped into the room about 10 minutes into my 3rd period class. "Do you remember a student named *insert alias here*?" she asked.

I stopped my lesson. "I think so," I answered with a squint of uncertainty.

"Well, I have a story to tell you at lunch!" she said and left the room.

"He was probably arrested!" one of the students called out.

I shrugged. "Why do you say that?" I asked him. "Maybe he just graduated with highest honors from Harvard."

"Did you see her face?" he asked me. "It's not good news."

"Well, I think he won the lottery, and he's going to give every teacher who remembers him a million dollars!" I said and continued on with my instruction.

Later at lunch, my friend told me what happened. "His mother called the office and asked if we keep permission forms from field trips. When they asked her why, she told them that in 2004 I took her son on a field trip to Mars, and she really needed to see that slip!"

"Why?" I asked. "Did you leave him there?"

No comments:

Post a Comment