Saturday, May 12, 2018

Hourly

The thought of weeding out the garden and preparing it for planting has been weighing heavily on my mind-- so much so that I have been having anxiety dreams every night. It seems like too huge a job to fit into this busy time of year. This morning, though, when I woke at 5:30 and stayed awake, I decided that I would go to the garden for an hour, no more and no less, before the day hit 90 degrees as it was expected to, and leaving plenty of time for the other things on my to-do list. And my plan worked perfectly. Between 9 and 10 I stacked all the tomato cages and stakes and filled four contractor-sized bags with weeds. I gathered all the pots and milk jugs that had blown into our plot over the winter and placed them neatly on the shelves by the shed so that their owners might claim them. Oh there's a still plenty to do, but it will be less after my hour there tomorrow morning, and I think I'll sleep soundly tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment