Monday, May 7, 2018

Substitution Augmentation Modification Redefinition

Our entire school system's network was out today which meant no technology for students or teachers. Oh, I'm no Luddite, but in general? I've come to believe that we probably overuse our gadgets and devices, and I certainly recognize how addictive they can be. And yet, we have been encouraged to use technology as extensively as possible-- emptying our filing cabinets and text-bookshelves, tossing away our calendars, written lesson plans, and grade books in favor of online versions.

Without access to the majority of my materials, I spent the morning scrambling for pen and paper substitutes for the students. When at last the final bell rang, though, I realized there wasn't much more I could do there at school, and so I packed my things and headed home.

A little vacation from 24/7 access isn't such a bad thing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment