Saturday, March 23, 2019

Rabbit Hole

I wanted to replace the toilet paper holder,
so I took the old one off the wall.

The new one was a different size,
so I went through the leftover paint to find a match,
so I could touch up the wall.

There were a bunch paint cans that we no longer needed,
so I pulled them out from the cupboard and packed them up to be recycled.

The recycling place was closing soon,
so we hopped in the car to get over there.

We didn't make it on time,
so we ran some other errands instead.

Back at home, I realized I didn't have any spackling,
so I couldn't patch the wall before I painted.

My project was on hold,
so I sighed and closed the bathroom door until tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I've been there, although it never ever involved paint and spackle. Very nice line and stanza breaks to draw attention to each twist and turn down the rabbit hole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - the phrasing totally pulls us all into the rabbit hole with you. I do like the last line, especially - evokes a strong sense of resignation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The small projects are the tricky ones. And they are the time devourers. I think that's why my husband leaves so many of them undone~

    ReplyDelete