Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Validation

I'm one of those people who put off having my hair cut. I go faithfully to the dentist every 6 months, and I have my physical annually, but haircuts? I postpone as long as I can. When I do go, I generally get a pretty short clip, and then let it grow out. The change is so gradual, that it hardly seems necessary to take any measures.

Recently my scheduling situation has been further complicated by the fact that my regular stylist has moved away, and so I don't even have a go-to. My last haircut was months ago, and both the person who cut it and the style itself were nice enough, so I decided to go back for a second time. The new stylist greeted me warmly when I arrived and showed me to her chair so that we could discuss options. "You're hair looks great!" she told me. "Who cut it last?"

"You did!" I laughed as her eyes widened in the mirror. "I haven't had it cut since October! That's how I always do." I shrugged.

"Well," she nodded, "it works for you!"


No comments:

Post a Comment