Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Keeping it Moving

Today was an Anchor Day at school when the schedule has us seeing all of our classes for a quick 42 minutes. Today was also the day when students received their March writing challenge prizes, AND the day when I introduced the April poetry challenge AND taught a lesson on syllables and Haiku.

To say it was busy? 

That would be an immense understatement. There was applause and candy and wheel spinning. There was a little commercial I made for the poetry challenge that had students calling out its virtues. There was clapping out syllables of one's own name, and then the actual composition of the poetry, all compressed into a little more than half an hour.

But it was fun! 

There happened to be a substitute for the co-teacher in one of my sections, and as the bell rang and she filed out with the students she stopped me. "That was the most interactive class I have ever been in!" she gushed.

I thanked her kindly and said, "Well, you came on a good day!"

1 comment: