Friday, April 5, 2024

Slapstick Humor

Despite the blustery cold, there were a bunch of kids hanging around the soccer field when I left school this afternoon. Just as I rounded the corner to start down the sidewalk toward them, I saw a ball fly through the air and bop one kid on the head. I laughed as he shook it off like a cartoon character, clearly now the worse for the unfortunate kick. 

As I continued on, I saw that several of my current students were in the group. They waved and trotted down, excited to see me outside and after hours. We exchanged greetings and a bit of small talk. "Did I see you laugh when that kid got hit in the head?" one girl asked, wide-eyed.

"Well, yeah," I shrugged unapologetically. "He was obviously fine, and? It was funny!"

"You're so cool for a teacher," she said.

"Just human," I laughed. "Have a good weekend!"

No comments:

Post a Comment