Tuesday, April 16, 2024

No Worries

Unlike many people, I have no fear of the dentist. Maybe it's because our mom took us every six months from the time we were very young, or maybe it's because I have never had any severe dental issues, or maybe it's both. 

At any rate, the current practice I patronize makes it a point to never shame you for any perceived dental hygiene failure, and they have much of the latest equipment, which makes even X-rays quick and painless. And so I arrived serenely for my semi-annual cleaning this afternoon and willingly followed Danny, my regular hygienist back to his cubicle. As always he gave me a quick precheck and warned me that he'd be using the water scaler. 

"Go ahead," I agreed, slipping on the protective shades and relaxing back into the chair. "It won't bother me."

"I always forget how chill you are," he replied, "because, believe me! Most people are very tense!" He laughed. "I think I'm an empath or something because they make me feel stressed."

I nodded sympathetically, unable to talk because of the suction tube in the corner of my mouth.

"I do notice a really calm energy whenever you are here, though," he continued. "It's a good way to finish my day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment