Sunday, January 28, 2024

Swift Effect

We watched a recording of the opening monologue from last night's episode of SNL this morning. Host Dakota Johnson was recalling the time she attended the 40th anniversary of the show as an audience member and a photo of her then flashed on the screen. The year was 2015 and right behind her was Donald Trump. "Who would have thought the future most powerful person in America would be there?" she asked as the camera panned to Taylor Swift, who was seated in front of her.

That must have been on my mind this afternoon when we ran into one of our neighbors. He was out for a run and we were walking home from running a few errands. "Sorry about the Bills," I told him since I hadn't seen him since last weekend. "Who are you rooting for today?"

"Oh definitely Baltimore and the Lions," he said. "If they both win, I'll be happy."

We wished him good luck and he jogged on his way.

"I don't know," I told Heidi as we continued home. "I have a feeling Kansas City is going to the Superbowl, and it's because of Taylor Swift."

"What does she have to do with them winning?" Heidi said.

"This just seems to be her time," I answered. "She's got a lot of good mojo, and it's rubbing off on the Chiefs."

Sorry, Ravens.

No comments:

Post a Comment