Friday, January 26, 2024

Done and Done

I called my 86-year-old aunt this afternoon to coordinate our next visit. "I am sitting out on my deck reading and listening to all the birds chirp!" she reported. "Can you believe it's January?"

"Considering there were six inches of snow on the ground when we talked last Friday?" I replied. "It's crazy."

"Well I am truly enjoying this!" she told me.

"Why go to Florida when Florida will come to you?" I joked.

"Like Mohammed and the mountain," she agreed. "Just call me Mo!"

We laughed and then she continued, "I'm just your old Aunt Harriett, but take some advice from me. When you get out of school today? Go outside! Enjoy the day!"

I agreed that I would, because what else would you do you do with a 70-degree Friday in January? Besides open all the windows and fire up the grill, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment