Saturday, January 27, 2024

Doldrums

We are in a wide Sargasso Sea of TV watching. As much as there is on television, it's all like too much seaweed clogging up the airwaves.

It's ironic, really. There are hundreds of channels these days, and there are also many lists and recommendations, literally at my fingertips. This morning I sent Heidi links to "The Fifty Best Shows on Netflix Right Now" from the NY Times and IMDB's 2024 TV Guide, but so far? We're drifting aimlessly from show to show, discontent lapping the sides of our evenings in front of the TV.

I've even used AI, asking ChatGPT what shows I should watch based on the shows I have liked in the past. I guess the algorithm is working because it mentioned many shows I've already seen. Unfortunately, though, ChatGPT only knows what it knows through 2022. Anything newer than that doesn't exist for it, so there's not a lot of forward momentum there.

Oh, we'll keep rowing. I'm sure a fresh breeze will pick up soon, maybe when we least expect it, and we will sail into seemingly endless entertaining evenings in front of the TV again.

No comments:

Post a Comment