Sunday, March 13, 2022

Doing My Homework

When the daily challenge on Friday involved voluntarily singing a song of their choice, in addition to "Happy Birthday," "The ABCs," and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," I heard 3 renditions of "We Don't Talk about Bruno" (no no no) from Encanto.

"I still haven't seen that movie!" I told one duo after they sang their hearts out.

"Oh you have to!" one of them said. "It's soooooooo good!"

The same student checked in with me before she left for the day. "What are you watching this weekend?" she prompted.

"Uh... Encanto?" I replied.

"Yessssssssss!"

So I dutifully streamed the newest Disney movie this morning, and I confess that I was not disappointed. The animation was gorgeous and the music was amazing. I can't wait to tell my student that I did my assignment, plus? As I watched, I mentally completed a plot diagram in my head, because you can never have too many examples ready!

4 comments:

  1. Ha, we've got someone in our house singing about Bruno unprompted. You stretched above and beyond with the plot diagram. A+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proof that sometimes our kiddos teach us more than we teach them! Nice job doing your homework and learning something along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Encanto, too! I even bought the music and have been known to sing it in my car. I don't teach little ones and my own children are teens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s on my list, too. I’m glad to hear it was a winner!

    ReplyDelete