Monday, January 11, 2021

As If!

We were leaving the house to take a walk with friends this evening when I grabbed a tube of lip balm from a gift set we had recently received and liberally applied it to protect against the cold, dry air. On the way out of our complex we stopped at the home of some friends who recently got a puppy to drop off a few goodies and toys. 

Hearing the commotion caused by five women, three dogs, and a puppy, eight-year-old Elijah peeked out the door. "Hello!" he greeted us, and then raised his eyebrows at me. "Why are your lips white?"

I frowned and put my hand over my mouth. "I just put on some chapstick," I started. "Wait! Can you see it?"

"Yeah, it has zinc or something in it," Heidi said.

I rubbed my lips to get it off. "Thanks for telling me, Elijah," I huffed. "Since my friends didn't say anything!"

"We thought you knew!" someone said. "It has a cool, summer vibe-- very California!" she laughed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, at least you were protected from that strong January sun.

    ReplyDelete