Friday, January 1, 2021

All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go

The only thing that motivated me to get up and out on this cold, wet day was the promise of trying out the new rain gear I got for Christmas. I figured if I wanted to spend time outside every day, in this neck of the woods I would need to be prepare for rain. So I suited up to take the dog for a walk this evening-- slicker, boots, AND the new pants, all cinched and velcroed for maximum dryness. Heck, I even put a raincoat on Lucy. And when we stepped out into the drenching 38 degree rain, and the wind caught the waterproof nylon of my jacket, I was nothing but comfy cozy and ready to venture forth.

Lucy? Had other ideas. Once she had completed her short to do list, just a number one and a number two, rather than putting her tail up ready to prance through the foul weather, as I was, she strained on her leash and pulled in the direction of home. We didn't get too far before I gave in. Even dressed for the weather as I was, I could see the reason in her request.

1 comment: